Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kitchen cabinet pullouts...phase 2!

Well, last time I showed some pictures of the new cabinet pullout I made and installed in my kitchen. Well today, I built another and installed it in the same cabinet to make my first double decker pullout! We don't have it fully loaded yet, but we should be able to fit loads more stuff in that cabinet than we did before, and no more crawling inside to dig around for what we are looking for.

As you can see in the picture both are full extension drawers, which is great. In the picture they look short, but the cabinet is actually just wide--the drawers are a full 23 inches deep.

Even though I have now made several boxes with my dovetail jig, I still hit some snags this time. First I accidentally cut the wrong corners together, forcing me to recut the front of the drawer. After building the whole box, I realized I had cut the front and back half an inch too wide, so I had to cut an and off of each and run them through the jig again. Oh well, I guess this is why the jig says that with practice you will rarely make mistakes. I guess there just is no perfect with this thing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment