Friday, July 3, 2009

For all you non-truck owners

Ok, so I know that almost everyone that reads this has a truck, but I don't. This can make things a bit hard when I need to do something like haul around bags of manure or pick up lots of free mulch from the city brush recycling center.

Well I just thought I'd tell you about a nifty item I found, probably in the back of Family Handyman magazine or something. It is called the InteraTARP, and it basically a tarp made into a big box shape to fit the interior of a SUV or van. With it I was able to cleanly haul about a yard of free mulch this morning, with very little effort and virtually no mess.

I'm sure you could do the same thing with a regular tarp, but it is handy to have one that is already shaped like the vehicle. I especially like the flap on the back that keeps the back of the van clean. I also found today that to unload I could just set the wheelbarrow next to the back of the van, place the flap in the wheelbarrow, then use my rake to pull a whole load of mulch into the wheelbarrow.

So, if you don't have a truck, and want to haul messy things, take a look!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Good way to avoid buying or borrowing a truck.

    ReplyDelete